Saturday, May 29, 2010

Whirlwind of emotion...

Nothing like having a week filled with some of the highest of highs and some pretty shitty lows....

So - I'm in Houston, Texas again after our little adventure to Stillwater, Oklahoma. My beautiful little niece Brittany Ann graduated from high school yesterday. What a doll...I am so proud that I could literally go on forever (practically). She was one of the valedictorians! Amazing, but no surprise. Her mom (my sister) and dad are extraordinarily bright themselves. I could probably gush about how amazing my sister is for ages too, but I will save that for another post. I am so happy to be down here with them that I could burst...is spontaneous combustion possible? I am already dreading having to leave. I miss them with my whole heart when we're not together.

Also this weekend is the 6th anniversary of Kate's death...which has been extremely hard to deal with since I've taken it upon myself to not be a party pooper. No one down here has any idea. I think Annie caught a glimpse in a weak moment today when she asked if I was okay and I said "yep, just a lot on my mind". Of course she's a freaking people reader and was like probing..."lots going on back home?" my answer "yes and no"...She didn't pry and I didn't give anything else. She knows me well enough, I think, to know when I'm not talking there's probably a reason. I would love to talk to her about it, but I would hate to be a party pooper. She's celebrating a rather emotional milestone with Brit right now and I don't want to ruin that...AND I don't want her to feel bad for me. I wish I knew how to approach all of this differently because of all the people I am surrounded by, my sister is the only one I want to talk to about it. I think it's her good heart and all of the compassion that just shines out of her when she talks to me. She doesn't think she's that great, but I know the REAL truth.

Can't think of anything else to really say right now, but I'm sure I will have more shit to blog about later when I'm home and less tired.

XO, J

No comments:

Post a Comment