Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh Good Grief!


WTH!? Gotta agree with my girl K down there....what is up with this crazy ass weather!?!? I woke up at 3:30 (thank you bastard cats) and looked...there was a slight bit of snow on the cars, but it was not ACTUALLY snowing. I get a text at 6:30 asking me if I've looked outside. Of course not! I was sleeping! However, that prompted me to leave my warm, cozy bed and hot foot my arse to the window...low and behold - like 4 inches of that shit! I hate! *image to the right courtesy Casey Riffe at The Billings Gazette

That little rant being said - I was thinking about your blog from yesterday, K., and it got me thinking...What is it about being a strong, independent woman that makes us feel like we have to keep it all inside? I don't cry very often in front of other people (mom is the absolute exclusion to this rule - I will cry in front of her on occasion). I hate to cry. I hate to be vulnerable. I see it as a weakness. I will keep my feelings hidden until I am alone. I am a great actress when needed. I will laugh and smile and pretend that everything is okay just for the sole purpose of not dealing with what I am really feeling. Then I will go home and cry and wish that I had someone who understood what I was feeling there (which in turn feels like weakness to me). But how in the world are people supposed to know what you're feeling if you don't let them know? If you just push it down and hide it? They aren't mind readers...I find myself saying this to my friends all the time. "How is he supposed to know you're upset if you don't tell him? He's not an effin' mind reader for Christ's sake!" Yet, when it comes right down to it, I want someone to know without my saying that something bothers me. I blame Kate...actually I blame Kate for a lot of things...BUT it's because she always seemed to know before I ever said anything. This mommy person's dead, but I still have my mom is confusing for people...I guess maybe I will have to explain all of this at a later date...

I also want to say how excited I am to work on the "potty project" this weekend with K and D. Meet the other J's new gerbil thingy...K is it a gerbil or hamster - she sent a pic but I couldn't tell...and to spend some MUCH needed talk time with everyone!

All for now...Peace out!
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment