Monday, May 10, 2010

A little of this and a little of that

I would not advise getting rid of things in all honesty. There may be something 10 years from now that you wish you had. You know my mom is starting to tell me that she dreams of my dad now. they say it is really common to dream of people after they have died. I still dream of Deb and don't really want to because it just makes me miss her more even though I am glad for the opportunity to at least have a dream about her and see her in a better form.
Its okay to acknowledge that you were robbed of a chance to say good-bye to Kate. But I would ask you to think what would Kate tell you about it if she were still here today. You told me on Saturday how she would always just knew when to take you away if you needed to cry or be mad or whatever so you could have some privacy. Kate sounds like she was really in tune to you. I have things that are just things to anyone else but mean the world to me. I can touch them and know there is a connection that no one else will ever understand. I suspect some of those things are true for you and especially the emails.
I have been thinking about your frustration with work also--I know I am all over the map--but just to be upfront, close and personal, could it be you are just as frustrated because you can not control the clients and you are not being "allowed" to help your mom. Think how independent she is when trying to reconstruct things or even allowing someone to buy her dinner. Its not about you. It is what makes your mom who she is. I don't think you will change that. You will have the opportunity to find how to work within it. Not always an easy place to be.
Love ya,
Summit

No comments:

Post a Comment