Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Running paint and running mouths!

Ah a new blog for which I am thankful! Happy Cinco De Mayo! Or as my friend Sarah says-another good reason to drink tequila in the day time!
So I was looking at the calender to fill out daycare days for the boy and it comes to my attention how much my life has changed in 3 weeks. 3 weeks is really a very small spec of time. I have always been much more spiritual than religious and believe in past lives and strongly believe that we are all connected thru those past experiences. So time is really trivial as where we are now is just a flash in the continuum of time. However in those 3 weeks I have lost my father to greater fishing waters, become THE caretaker of my mother, have re-evaluated my deep relationship/friendship with the person that I thought was different than they really are. I have also discovered that real family is not your blood family but the ones that are right there in "it" with you. As I have always said I am thankful for my family of choice.
So tonight as I am staining boards for the bathroom that has become a long time work in progress, it occurred to me that running paint is much like life. One has to carefully put this liquid on a board and try to get it even before it runs is a little like life. You get on your feelings out there and then the person that holds them dogs you. More about this later. At any rate there is more of a correlation than I can put into words right now.
So I have lost my father, my daughter lost her gerbil and mother lost her husband, life mate and bird all in 3 weeks. There really is no where to go but up. See I handle all this with humor but in truth my soul hurts and my heart cries with the words of unknown proportion.
I know this is good as they say and life will go on. I know I am strong but yet I feel so weak. I know I am brave but feel so scared. Oh the conundrums that life gives us. Thanks J. for setting the up the blog!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment